Saturday, May 05, 2007

Being There.

"These are the times when you know who your friends are.
The person whom you have helped,
will they help you or will they walk away from you?"
~ A. Karim BAR, Airport Duty Manager.


With this post I would like to express my appreciation for all the SMSes I received from my friends who heard the news even though it was to be kept within my office until the official announcement in the media.

Yes, I've lost my job together with the rest of my colleagues and my boss.

Despite the hush hush, there were a few who managed to sneak a message to my mobile and I had to keep quiet and ignore their messages. Sorry, my friends.

So now since it is confirmed, let me say thank you to all who have been giving me inspiration and encouragement to carry on --

Nurul
Nurdianna
Nuritz
Deamora
Yusry
Sharmila
Munir
Rahmat


These people came to me with open minds and helped me emotionally.

Emotionally, I am stable. I am still what I am.
No signs of depression. No signs of agression.

Even my boss was surprised at how I handle the situation.

Little did they know that losing my job did not affect me at all.
I had lost everything so what's losing another bit of my life?

Something really BIG happened to me and I was still mourning and in pain when the confirmation was declared.

No thanks to the broken heart.
No thanks for not being there for me.
No thanks for leaving me when I needed you most.

To all my friends, I have this to say --
I am a nobody.
Thank you for being there!

No comments: