Monday, April 30, 2007

The Dance Floor.

My congratulations to the winners of The Dance Floor, Singapore's version of Now You Can Dance
-- namely Vas & Pris.

Seriously, I am not an avid follower of this competition the reason being that, on the very first time it was aired live over Channel 5, I had already visualised how the Singaporean voters would sms their votes ---> towards Vas & Pris.

Yeah, they are good dancers but somehow, by that one viewing, I gathered that Singaporeans would be voting for this loveable and skilful dancing couple.

True enough, halfway during the final, poll statistics showed that Val & Pris were ahead of the other finalists.

I disagree and do not like the idea of Mediacorp displaying the voting statistics halfway during the show. This would encourage viewers to vote due to the popularity of the participants instead of according to their talents in dancing.

Val & Pris would have been jeopardised of their number one spot if voters vote irresponsibly.

If I were a bookie, this revelation of how the votes stand halfway during the show would increase the odds.

Anyway, I did not really watch the finals of The Dance Floor as I needed my rest.

I was sure and confident that Vas & Pris would be the champion that night and they surely did.

Congratulations, Vas & Pris!
We Are The Champion!
Prize giving ceremony.
Let's Dance.

No comments: