Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Emptiness Within Me.

It's the second day of the Hijrah. I'm feeling down and very tired. Wanted to go to the office to tidy-up on things but just could not leave the house. I'm missing my special someone, actually.

This verse kept replaying on my head. The last time I actually overheard someone quoting this was on television two days ago and it got stuck in my empty skull eversince.

Hmmm .... I need to read the Quran more often!

Surah Al-Ma'un.

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

[1] Seest thou one who denies the Judgment (to come)?

[2] Then such as the (man) who repulses the orphan (with harshness),

[3] And encourages not the feeding of the indigent.

[4] So woe to the worshippers

[5] Who are neglectful of their Prayers,

[6] Those who (want but) to be seen (of men),

[7] But refuse (to supply) (even) neighbourly needs.

~ Al-Quran : Al-Ma'un

No comments: