Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Long Long Ago.

My Sayang Manja wanted to meet me at Simei MRT Station at 9.45pm since she was at Bugis MRT Station.

She arrived hungry and we started sourcing out for food outlets. There was this new Long John Silver outlet nearby and we entered the greenhouse. It looks like a greenhouse because of the glass panels all around. There were some workmen on top of the roof installing glass panels still.

As we entered I wondered whether the outlet would close any moment.

There were three lines of hungry patrons waiting to get their food served by tired staff. We stood patiently in line while my SM discussed her day to me.

When I realised that the line has not gotten any shorter, I wondered why the staff was taking so long to serve us.

Out of nowhere this female staff approached us. Yes ... there were many others and yet she approached us!

Staff :
Excuse me but we are closed.
We will not take your order.


Me :
Closed? What do you mean by closed?
We are in the queue!


Staff :
Both of you are the last to be here.

Me :
No, we are not.
Those people over there came after us.

The staff walked away without taking our order.

We then decided to just leave and eat somewhere else.

These came in my mind when we left -->

We arrived at Long John Silver before their closing time.
There was a long queue.
The staff was taking such a long time serving a customer.
We no LONGer beLONG there.
'So LONG, Long John Silver!'

No comments: