Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Pig, The Bore and The Protégé.


It is still a holiday in Singapore as the year of the Pig is being celebrated here. I was not working today but my SM is busy with her work schedule.

I did not take breakfast due to a sudden lost in appetite. Having checked the TV programmes and found nothing interesting, I became bored and restless.

I took my time walking to Tampines Mall
(ooops ... Now you know the area I live in).
It was crowded.

McDonald's was swarmed by hungry Singaporeans. There goes my hope of having a bite there. There's Metro and the sale is still on! hmmmm .... I miss my SM. We could have gone shopping.

I went up to the 4th Floor. Too many students in line to buy movie tickets at the Golden Village Cinema. So I left.

I'm B.O.R.E.D!!!

I walked across to the next building, Century Square wanting to go to the Nokia Shop. Maybe my N95 has arrived. Nope.

The next stop was Century Cineplex. I realised that the crowd was not large. They are more elderly folks there than the younger generation at Tampines Mall.

I scanned the movie listing and found out that most of the movies have started and that the next show will be more than two hours from that time.

The Protégé will be shown at 3pm! In that instance, I told my seat preference "Centre, centre!" to the ticketing staff.

The Protégé.
I laughed at myself for buying the movie ticket on impulse. Well it wasn't on impulse but out of boredom. Anyway, what better time to watch a Chinese movie but on Chinese New Year?

But what is the movie all about?
I do not know ... yet.

The Protégé is a Chinese movie starring Andy Lau, Daniel Wu, Zhang Jingchu, Anita Yuen and Louis Khoo.

It's a Chinese version of Miami Vice whereby Daniel Wu plays an undercover Anti-Narcotic Officer going after the drug lord portrayed by Andy Lau.

Nick (Daniel Wu) finds himself involved with drug trafickers and drug addicts in his pursuit of the Drug Lord. He became very close to the Drug Lord who wanted Nick to marry his sister-in-law so that they can trully be 'brothers' by law.

Nick got involved with his female neighbour (Zhang Jingchu) who was a drug addict with a pre-teen daughter who lacks funds for school. The neighbour was running away from her husband who brought her into the drug world.

This is a nice movie. It shows how Nick managed to get the trust from the Drug Lord who eventually taught and handed over his business to Nick. Once Nick owns the business, the Drug Lord was captured.

It shows how Nick hates drug traffickers and how he would rather help a dog than helping the opium traffickers.

When his neighbour died due to heroin overdose administered through the vein on her neck by her husband, Nick made the husband sign a form to release his daughter to Nick. Nick is now her godfather since he was the person who feeds her and make sure she goes to school.

But revenge was on his mind. Nick wanted the husband to pay for his crime. So he employed the husband to be his trafficker who was sent to traffic high quality drugs in a country where crime does not pay.

What country am I talking about? Hey, I'm a Singaporean and I was surprised that the husband was stupid enough to traffic drugs in clean city, fine city, SINGAPORE!

As soon as he arrived at Changi Airport, he was arrested!
Hah! That was an easy plan, wasn't it?

The ending made me laugh. Is Singapore really that bad to live in?

Speaking of laughter. A funny incident happened before the show starts.

Look at the ticket.
Seat preference - Centre, Centre!
Yeah, I got my centre, centre seat. When I entered Cinema 4, I went to row G and sat on the centre seat. The cinema was packed and the seats beside me were vacant. I looked in front. What luck!!! There was no one seated in front of me!

When the show was about to start, a group of adults came to my row. They looked at me. A young guy approached me when his female partner kept pointing at me.

Young Guy
Excuse me. This row is for my group.


Lonely Guy
Okay. You may tell them to be seated.


Young Guy
But you are sitting on one of our seats.

Lonely Guy
Is that so? Did you get G9 too?

Young Guy
G?? Row G? This is row F! The empty seat in front is yours.

Bashful Guy
Oooops .... sorry.

Hahahaha ... what a comedy.

By the way, if you realised when looking at the ticket, I bought it at 2pm and the show was at 3pm.

I had a solid ONE HOUR to wait.

Within that hour, I walked into Metro and bought myself these --
My Renoma Socks.
My Red *beep*
I got myself 3 pairs of socks and 2 boxes of Levi's *ahem*
With the 20% discount, I paid only $40/-

Wanna know how I look in my new, fresh *ahem* ????

l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
V


My Altered Ego.

No comments: