Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My Sayang Manja's Not Well.

We went out on Monday evening after her cycling adventure at Pulau Ubin with her friends the day before. She complained that her body was aching and she was feeling uncomfortable -- part of her is cold and another part is warm. She was feverish.

We separated after she decided not to see the doctor and would call me when required.

At 11.30pm that night, my usual wake-up call by my Sayang Manja was not a wake-up call for work (I was to report for work that night). It was a call for me to bring her to the doctor as her situation had worsened.

I got changed and hailed a taxi to fetch her and send her to NUH.

We reached NUH at 1.04am and she was rushed for treatment due to her having a fever. If not for the fever, treatment would be given for at least another 2 - 3 hours! Now was that a blessing in diguise?

Anyway, I received her text message while I was waiting outside that she was in the Fever Facility Room under observation.



A. Karim BAR loves Nur Farah Damri.
She came out by 2.14am and we had some food there so that she can take her medication. She was given three days of medical leave and her temperature should be noted. The problem then was that she does not have a thermometer to record her temperature. I kept this in mind as I wanted to give her a surprise in the morning.

After sending her home, I proceeded for work. I was 3 hours late!

I did my normal duties at work and by 9.15am, I proceeded to the Guardian Pharmacy to get my Sayang Manja a thermometer. I got her the best of the 4 types they are selling, of course!

A. Karim BAR loves Nur Farah Damri.
I left for home by 9.45am and rested in the bus. Well, I tried to but these people kept talking to me and asked me questions. Two days in a row ... most of the time when I take the bus, I get someone who sits beside me and starts talking and talking and talking to me.

I wanted some rest but had to be alert lest I go off topic. I do not want to be seemed as rude. I noted the time and knew that my Sayang Manja was still in bed due to her illness.

Anyway, I got my one hour of rest at home and reread my messages and realised that I have a 1pm meeting to attend to -- a site visit at Republic Polytechnic. This will be a short visit and I made up my mind to visit my sick baby after the meeting when she would be up and awake.

I can't seem to get through her lines, the area where I was at has poor reception especially when you are in the theater.

When I managed to get through, I was told not to visit her as she needed her rest. Reluctantly, I agreed and told her to get her rest.

Like I said, the visit was short and Ahmad asked me what my plans were. He invited me to come along with him and see Ali's studio. I agreed and we spent a solid 4 hours there!

That was how my afternoon was spent, but when I reached home, I received a call from my Sayang and she was very very upset. She hung up without hearing what I had to say.

Let me clarify this, I love my Sayang Manja and cared for her. I'd sacrifice my meetings and work just to have time with her. I just do not understand in which way did I offend her?

Sorry, baby ... forgive me if I did anything wrong.
I know that you are not feeling well.
Get your rest and always take your medication on time.
I'm missing you now.

No comments: